Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images

FL>Fort White>Ichetcuknee Springs>May 5-7. 2013

Going to do my first springs trip of the year the first weekend (Sunday-Tuesday) in May. Wanted to throw it open for anyone to come, should they like. I'll be camping at Ichetucknee Springs campground, approximately 0.25 miles up the road from the north entrance to Ichetucknee Springs State Park.

Yes, this is a front-country campground, with showers and such. I'll likely be taking one of the "primitive" sites (means I have to walk ~200 ft. for water rather than having it at the site proper) unless there're a bunch of folks who want one of the electric/water sites. The primitive sites are also farther away form the RVs, so less noise when one wants to go to sleep (I've never had a problem with that at this particular campground, at least on Sunday-Tuesday, but it's worth a little extra effort for a good night's sleep).

I'll be biking up on Sunday, arriving somewhere around 3:00 PM. I'll be leaving on Tuesday, probably somewhere around 10:00 AM. Anyone is welcome to come, and if you'd prefer, you can PM me for my phone # to meet up.

The campsite is $10.00 per night for two people, and $4.00 an head per night after that (I'll be covering the site I need for the two nights I'm there, regardless; if enough folks want to come, we may need to get an additional site or two). Entrance to the park (assuming we hike up the road to the springs--maybe 0.5 miles to the springs proper) is $2.00/day (or $6.00 per vehicle if anyone wants to drive in).

I've done a couple of trips up there over the last few years. It's very pretty, and there's something for everyone: hiking, hanging, biking, swimming, tubing, canoeing, and even a game room. It's a nice little town with a beautiful swatch of nature available to the public. I highly recommend it.

Hope to see you there!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DH Freebird, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Tadpole, HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UQ Tewa Antifreeze
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Images
    I was just there this past weekend. Great place! on Sunday I hiked the trails at Big and Little Shoals on the Suwannee and camped at Ichetucknee Springs Campground. It was too cold for swimmiing or tubing so I hiked a few short loops on the trails before driving back late Monday afternoon.

I would love to join you but I am doing section hike on AT in Georgia 5/2 -5/6.
    I've started checking this forum more often and hope to join FL Hangers on more trips in the future.
    Have fun!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout620 View Post
    I was just there this past weekend. Great place! on Sunday I hiked the trails at Big and Little Shoals on the Suwannee and camped at Ichetucknee Springs Campground. It was too cold for swimmiing or tubing so I hiked a few short loops on the trails before driving back late Monday afternoon.

I would love to join you but I am doing section hike on AT in Georgia 5/2 -5/6.
    I've started checking this forum more often and hope to join FL Hangers on more trips in the future.
    Have fun!
    It's an awfully pretty park, and the campground is fairly nice, as well. There's a feeling of privacy there that you don't often get at most front-country campgrounds.

Sorry you won't be able to come on out, but the AT is definitely worth going to! Have fun!
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Had to cancel on this one due to some financial issues that came up this week. Nothing crippling, but the extra funds I had earmarked for this weekend disappeared into "responsibility land". Meh...maybe next weekend, instead...
    --Floridahanger

• + New Posts