Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMPAROO View Post
    yeah warbonnet, sorry i should have been more clear - i meant if I could find a way to make the hammock itself more adjustable, then I making a ridgeline for it wasnt as big of a deal.

I was looking at pictures in the gallery - i've seen what I'm guessing is referred to as the Crazy Creek buckles....the flat metal piece with the middle flared out at an angle and you run webbing through it? It seems like a quick setup - quicker than tying a rope to a tree, getting in it, untying it, adjusting, retying....etc.

I just dont understand how they dont slip under load....but I failed physics, so for now I'll just settle for "its magic!"
    You need to get yourself a pair and try them out. They dont slip. You can get them from here.
    www.onrope1.com For some reason I cant pull up the 1" cinch buckles on the products page. Crazy Creek buckles were the original buckles that Just Jeff had specially ordered from Crazy Creek. They are both the same except for the color.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    WAMPAROO... welcome to HF.
    i've not spent any time w/ the clark (although i've admired them on line a number of times) so i'll have to let the others give you advice on attaching new supports & ridge lines.
    i'm using the ring buckle system myself.
    and if you've not seen the thread about the south east hammock hangers association (SEHHA) camp out in hot springs, nc, you may want to take a look. there's at least one or two other Kentuckians going to that.
    .http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ighlight=SEHHA
    ..tim
    Last edited by slowhike; 09-03-2007 at 20:30.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB, HeExpDlx
    Tarp
    MacCat/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing/rings
    Images
    I looked into the SEHHA event planned for the 14th, and I'm actually giving it some thought....but it's the first weekend I wont be at work, and I already made plans - I feel like a chump backing out the weekend before. How often are these "hang outs" ? I'd really like to go - I have quite a bit to learn....I've already learned alot just from this site!

I wrote the company that makes the CC buckles, because the webpage didnt open for me, either - I wrote them and Crazy Creek. For those of you who are thinking about the buckles, here is a link that worked that customer service at onrope1 sent me:
    http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.p...arch_str=dj101

I also wrote the guys at Crazy Creek, who wrote back, and said they would sell a set of buckles for $3.00 - thats a dollar less then buying two buckles from onrope for any penny pinchers out there! (onrope does sell a cinch 1" heavy for 5.00 a piece, but I'm not sure what the difference is)

but as for rope and webbing - where to buy, and what size/type rope or webbing? I ran a search, and it looked like 1/8" or 5/32" spyderline, amsteel 12 or vectrus 12? Thats almost Japanese to me.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I looked into the SEHHA event planned for the 14th, and I'm actually giving it some thought....but it's the first weekend I wont be at work, and I already made plans - I feel like a chump backing out the weekend before. How often are these "hang outs" ? .
    ed speer of speer hammocks sponsors one about 3 times a year at hot springs.
    also, he & some other hammockers will join a bunch of others at springer mt, ga on new years eve as well.
    but if you click on "forums" at the top of the hammockforums home page, you will see "hammock camp outs" (or something like that).
    when you click on that, you will find where other small groups are getting together in different areas (mostly the south east US so far) for hammock camping.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Cool to hear that Crazy Creek sold you the buckles. I wonder if they would have a problem if folks from here began to request them also?
    Onrope1 has a $10.00 minimum order.

I looked into the SEHHA event planned for the 14th, and I'm actually giving it some thought....but it's the first weekend I wont be at work, and I already made plans - I feel like a chump backing out the weekend before. How often are these "hang outs" ? I'd really like to go - I have quite a bit to learn....I've already learned alot just from this site!

I wrote the company that makes the CC buckles, because the webpage didnt open for me, either - I wrote them and Crazy Creek. For those of you who are thinking about the buckles, here is a link that worked that customer service at onrope1 sent me:
    http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.p...arch_str=dj101

I also wrote the guys at Crazy Creek, who wrote back, and said they would sell a set of buckles for $3.00 - thats a dollar less then buying two buckles from onrope for any penny pinchers out there! (onrope does sell a cinch 1" heavy for 5.00 a piece, but I'm not sure what the difference is)

but as for rope and webbing - where to buy, and what size/type rope or webbing? I ran a search, and it looked like 1/8" or 5/32" spyderline, amsteel 12 or vectrus 12? Thats almost Japanese to me.

Hammock
    WBBB, HeExpDlx
    Tarp
    MacCat/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing/rings
    Images
    guys, I hate to keep bumping this - could someone just PM me and walk me through setting up my hammock with the 1" cinch? Webbing, rope, getting the whole thing tied up and ready to rock? I'm going back out in 3 weeks with another group, I'd really like to set this thing up and test it before I go back out....show the whole gang why I prefer my hammock to the ground

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    You need to get yourself a pair and try them out. They dont slip. You can get them from here.
    www.onrope1.com For some reason I cant pull up the 1" cinch buckles on the products page.

here
    http://tinyurl.com/yrw3vg
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    guys, I hate to keep bumping this - could someone just PM me and walk me through setting up my hammock with the 1" cinch? Webbing, rope, getting the whole thing tied up and ready to rock? I'm going back out in 3 weeks with another group, I'd really like to set this thing up and test it before I go back out....show the whole gang why I prefer my hammock to the ground
    Have to looked at the instructions on Jeff's site?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Have to looked at the instructions on Jeff's site?
    That's fine except for the extra couple of 10" pieces of webbing he uses. Not needed now that folks just tie from rope to buckles. Keeping up with the extra small pieces of webbing and the buckles being harder to undo under tension are the reasons Just Jeff gave as to why he started the ring buckle thread. I believe he has changed his opinion about the buckles being harder to undo under tension.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 09-06-2007 at 21:08.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12