Clark NA200
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 DLX/7 UL
    Suspension
    Stock Clark

magnets??

Get a couple of neo magents from kjmagnetics.com.. you can either sew them in or just attach them and let the magnetism hold them there.

Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    Is there any type of clip that could be used that would hold but wouldn't damage the quilt or hammock?

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    or a magnet and a steel safety pin?( saw a brooch clip like that once- for wearing pretty jewels outside a fur coat- magnet inside, steel pin and small tube that held the brooch pin in place without putting holes in the leather.)

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Shane, I may be way off target here but, it looks to me like your side hem has to much curvature in it. I think this is caused by a combinaton of too much slack in you main sispension cords and, not enough slack in your head end tension cords.

Try letting out the shock cord in the head end, just a litle. At the same time, really crank down on the main suspension.

If you are using shock cord all the way throughout the suspension, change it out so that you are using no more than half shock cord. The other half can be 1/8" nylon draw cord (non-stretch) or zing-it.

And don't use less than 1/8" diameter shock cord on the main suspension. (3/32" is fine in the end channels).

I hope all this helps. This is how I have my system set up on my Blackbird with my DIY UQ which is only 38" wide. It covered my 6'-1", 200 lb frame well at the Texas hang earlier this month, where as you know, it got down to the mid 30's.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I'm also thinking it's adjustment related. There's just too many successful Blackbird/Hammockgear combos out there for this to be some kind of fit issue.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    GT UL, Multiple DIY
    Tarp
    I like DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    I've had my 3 Season Incubator on my BB for a couple of nights and had no problems at all with it.

The difference in the one in the pics and mine is that I cinched the head end up considerably. It holds itself to the shape of the hammock a little better. I also tried out the triangle thingees and found out I was better off without them.

I added a small loop of shock cord to hold my foot end nearer to the gathered end as that way my feet don't push out past the end of the UQ.

I looooove my 3 Season Incubator. I get in, find my sweet spot, and don't think about it at all for the rest of the night.

-jeff

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Going to hang again this weekend... going to shorten up the shock cord end to end to get a tighter hang lengthwise, and will pull the head end a bit tighter as Roundtrip suggested.

Will start tinkering more if these changes don't help.

Keeping my left shoulder and feet in the UQ was not a problem... Like I said, I was warm except for that one spot... I still love my 3S Incubator!
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I had a small cold spot the first night in my Crowsnest. I just tied a knot in the shockcord about 6" down and hooked my mini biner thru there. Bingo!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Simplest solution - tighten the suspension. Second simplest solution - after you hang the incubator shock cord over the whipping knots on the BB, take the stock s-biner, gather the two sides of the shock cord and pull over the TOP of the hammock, and clip them together. This seems to create a higher "lift" on the underquilt and also tightens the suspension. This works well on WBBBs, straight hammocks (like the Clark,) and longer hammocks (DIY, Trek Light double, etc.) for both the incubator and the crowsnest.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    Simplest solution - tighten the suspension. Second simplest solution - after you hang the incubator shock cord over the whipping knots on the BB, take the stock s-biner, gather the two sides of the shock cord and pull over the TOP of the hammock, and clip them together. This seems to create a higher "lift" on the underquilt and also tightens the suspension. This works well on WBBBs, straight hammocks (like the Clark,) and longer hammocks (DIY, Trek Light double, etc.) for both the incubator and the crowsnest.
    Fin, using the s-biner over the ridgeline, do you notice any wear on the BB netting?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    Fin, using the s-biner over the ridgeline, do you notice any wear on the BB netting?
    I switch hammocks constantly, so I haven't noticed any wear. I took two hammocks on my last hang, my Clark NA and my Trek Light double, both of which I added a ridgeline to. I switch between three BlackBirds, and on the BB when I attach the s-biner, it sits right where the netting and the fabric come together. I guess it would probably be prudent on the BB to put my socks or something under the s-biner, but I have never worried about it putting a hole in the netting. Heck, not a bad way to dry my socks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12