Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Good luck to your daughter beep and drive safely. At least it's a pretty drive. The one piece of advice to her we'd give (my wife being an orthopedic surgical assistant prior to going back to NP school) is make sure she does her post-op stretching and exercises even if painful. Having to go back to the OR for joint manipulation under anesthesia (the medical speak for "let's go bust up all that scar tissue") is painful and a rehabilitative setback, especially for someone who is used to being very active. Better to take the pain the first time around than to have to do it again.
    second that...
    my daughter had to go back for joint manipulation under anesthesia...hurt her worse than the original surgery
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    second that...
    my daughter had to go back for joint manipulation under anesthesia...hurt her worse than the original surgery
    That's helpful to know. I'll be sure to tell her about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Good luck to your daughter beep and drive safely. At least it's a pretty drive. The one piece of advice to her we'd give (my wife being an orthopedic surgical assistant prior to going back to NP school) is make sure she does her post-op stretching and exercises even if painful. Having to go back to the OR for joint manipulation under anesthesia (the medical speak for "let's go bust up all that scar tissue") is painful and a rehabilitative setback, especially for someone who is used to being very active. Better to take the pain the first time around than to have to do it again.
    Seems like sound advice! She is VERY disciplined and property "sobered" by the surgery so I expect she'll be willing to follow any program set out for her.

Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon and isn't supposed to take all that long (reportedly!). I'm nervous, though not really worried. My wife is there with her and I'll be driving out Friday (Minneapolis to Denver) then on to Crested Butte on Saturday for a few days of parental support.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Boy, this thread has gone WAY off topic!! Nevertheless...

GOOD NEWS!!!

My daughter's knee surgery is complete. WAY less damage to the knee than the preliminary diagnosis. According to the doctor, "it couldn't have gone better!"

She is to stay off the leg for about a week (only a week!!) and then start with the physical therapist to get back to full functionality. Needless to say we're all relieved. I'm still going to drive out to spend a few days with her, but it'll be a happier, less stressful time than it might have been.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

HF people are the best!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12