Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Congrats on the purchase of the TX. I am about to pull the trigger on one myself.
    One thing only alluded to briefly is that the TX takes a 1-piece Z-liner which overcomes the problems of cold spots like the 6-piece style. It also attaches with velcro along the entire length of the hammock which seems like a pretty good method to me. (I wan't sure about this so I verified it with Clark). So that makes the Clark Z-liner a good option when considering bottom side insulation.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    I bought the tax-250 last night. Thanks everyone for the help. Waiting for it to arrive!
    Looks like there will be a few of us getting this one as our first Clark's. I should have mine Monday and can't wait for all of us to compare notes on this one.
    Happy Hanging

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    So, are the Clarks now shipping with the upgraded spreader poles?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I ordered the TX250 in camo with the Vertex tarp on Thursday and a complete suspension swap with cinch buckles, 1" webbing and titanium Dutch clips last night. I received an email on from them on Friday asking me if I wanted to wait for them to ship until next week as they are upgrading the rods.

I have an older NX-200 in camo with the XL tarp. They used to sell it as the larger North American. In anticipation of the new Clark, I slept in it last night.

I tend to sleep in temps below 40 and therefore find the pockets of little use. I intend to use of of the down UQs I already have for insulation. So the TX will be perfect.

I'm really looking forward to the hoops to open it up and I am going to carry the Vertex in a separate stuff sack to make it easy to set up in the rain and to keep separate if wet.
    Last edited by Dudorino; 08-17-2013 at 14:37. Reason: tarded typo
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    So, are the Clarks now shipping with the upgraded spreader poles?
    I opted to have mine ship with the current ploes so I won't have to wait. CS at Clark told me to call in a week or two for the new poles and to just keep the old ones as a spare set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post
    I ordered the TX250 in camo with the Vertex tarp on Thursday and a complete suspension swap with cinch buckles, 1" webbing and titanium Dutch clips last night.
    It seems most swap out the suspension. Where did you get the cinch buckles, 1" webbing and titanium Dutch clip? Thanks.

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images

NX-250 compared to TX-250

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    It seems most swap out the suspension. Where did you get the cinch buckles, 1" webbing and titanium Dutch clip? Thanks.
    You can get it at www.outdoortrailgear dot com. Look for Dutchware on that site. You'll find them under cinch buckles.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I didn't get an email about the rod upgrade ... I guess I'll ask about it after the hammock arrives. The TX-250 with vertex tarp weighs about a pound more than I'd like for my lightweight style of backpacking. I'm an older backpacker and I like to keep the weight down due to my bad knees.

Please give me some ideas about how to cut some weight from the tx-250. The stock ropes that come with it are one obvious choices. Whoopies should save a few ounces but I don't know how much. Does anyone know how much that saves?

I have no need for the pockets and can see myself removing those (maybe). I would guess that would save 3 ounces. If anyone has made some weight reductions on the TX-250 please tell me what they were and how much weight they saved you. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have bought this feature rich hammock if I didn't think the comfort was worth it ... but some of the features may not get used by me ... need some weight saving ideas.
    Last edited by litetrek; 08-19-2013 at 20:14.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Remove the pockets / saddlebags and the hammock will be truly yours. Yes, you'd save the weight of about < 2yd^2 of fabric, <2oz, and lose the advantages of off-ground stashing. I'd suggest, instead that you think of using at least the pocket the stuff sack is sewn within as a sack. That's easy when the pocket is turned inside out.

Savings from the ditching the stock rope may be over 3oz. Lots of bulk gone, too.

Leave half the rods behind. Cutting off the stuff sack, carefully, will allow it to be sewn back on for resale. Then, you can leave it behind to save 3oz.

But, if you cannot find on your body or in other gear the weight savings you think you need, then you may have purchased the wrong hammock and tarp.

Or, spend again and substitute a cuben film tarp for the fine Vertex, which may be overpriced at standalone Clark price, but which is hardly different in function and quality from several other 11x10 tarps from other vendors.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-19-2013 at 20:40.

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I've spent quite a bit already on other equipment to reduce my pack weight. Lighter pack, lighter rain jacket, lighter sleeping bag, much lighter tent. I've cut at least 5 pounds. I think by eliminating some features I won't use and getting a quilt I can make the hammock be a net zero weight gain. I am not an ultra lighter but I pay attention to weight. Why carry excess weight? Backpacking is a lot more fun if you aren't weighed down like a pack mule. The vertex tarp was a splurge for me although it is lighter and bigger than the hennessey hex tarp I currently use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast