Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Quilt

Images

Top Quilt

I just purchased the Mt. Washington under-quilt for my EXPLORER DELUXE A-SYM. im looking for a top-quilt with the same 0 rating. The GoLite Adrenaline 0° looks good for a bag, but are there quilts or other bags i should look at. trying to stay under 3#.

thank you

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Why not get another Mt Washington for the top? Save yourself the shipping, too.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images

Tried

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    tried that last night, nest on bottom, mt W on top. but im 76" and the quilt just 77"

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ahh - that's no good then. JRB makes long version of their other winter quilts...haven't used them so I can't comment on them directly, though.

Check out www.nunatakusa.com and www.featheredfriends.com as well.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a Mt. Washington for my UQ.. I am going to add some omni-tape tabs to my No Snivler and Stealth so I can join them to make a low temp rated combo quilt. When I talked to Pan about this he suggested the Stealth wuold be best for the inside layer as it is slightly smaller. This allows me to have the best of all. And if the temp is milder I can separate them partially or all together to compensate. While this is a little heavier I think it's worth it for the versatility. Then you have multi-season from only 3 quilts.

You can of course get "long wheelbase" versions of the NS an Stealth...I need those as well since I'm 77".
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Images

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    I just purchased the Mt. Washington under-quilt for my EXPLORER DELUXE A-SYM. im looking for a top-quilt with the same 0 rating. The GoLite Adrenaline 0° looks good for a bag, but are there quilts or other bags i should look at. trying to stay under 3#.

thank you
    Got a Golite 0' bag Adrenalie from http://topsleepingbags.com/ for $279. looks great. got to give it to the seamstrees for the alterations to a quilt. thanks for suggestions.

Got a Golite 0' bag Adrenalie from http://topsleepingbags.com/ for $279. looks great. got to give it to the seamstrees for the alterations to a quilt. thanks for suggestions.
    I'd send that sucker back and get a Feathered Friends Winter Wren or a Rocky Mountain No Sniveler. The wearable aspect of both those is priceless.

Images

The Katahdin

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    would the The Katahdin winter quilt be a good match for the Mt. Washington

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    would the The Katahdin winter quilt be a good match for the Mt. Washington
    Short answer is yes....But that is a lot of quilt in a hammock.... The Old Rag Mtn, Long And Rocky Mtn Sniveller, Long both have the same loft, and the same length, as the Katahdin and make great top quilt matches for the MT Washington...also less weight, volume and cost.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah - I don't think a 61" wide quilt is necessary if you're just using it as a top quilt. Maybe if you're a large guy and want an extra margin for using it on the ground...but if you're only using it in the hammock, it's about the same size as a sleeping bag used as a top quilt. That's a lot of extra material (weight, bulk, cost) in both your pack and your hammock.

If you're not comfortable with 48" for the standard JRB top quilts, you might consider some 1.1 oz DWR wings sewn on the edges. (The Mt Washington and Speer Top Blankets are 42" wide.) Or consider a DIY.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast