Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh065 View Post
    In regards to that terrain, I was actually on the much milder but slightly longer Caroline Dormon trail. An overnight on the backbone will probably be next unless i can make it to the La group hang. I'll have to make sure I test out that hang site for you.

-Jim
    You did the Caroline, I forget its only 10 one way. I always think of it as double for the simple face its not a loop. So you did 10 in 6.5 hour, that is good time. How is the beach at the Kisatche Bayou camp. Was thinking about having the hang there last year but none of us could get there to scout it out.

I will get you some coordinates so you can find it next time you go.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    "Rodents of Unusual Size" (Princess Bride reference, sorry), to go along with the quicksand!
    Ah yes yes. It's been too long. I need to rewatch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    You did the Caroline, I forget its only 10 one way. I always think of it as double for the simple face its not a loop. So you did 10 in 6.5 hour, that is good time. How is the beach at the Kisatche Bayou camp. Was thinking about having the hang there last year but none of us could get there to scout it out.

I will get you some coordinates so you can find it next time you go.
    I thought the beach was actually quite nice. I stayed at campsite #1 which is secluded a bit and is right on one of the sand bars. It was clean and the sand was nice except around some of the edges where the water was flowing through it. I would throw in a vote for it being a group hang location sometime, but I haven't been many other places so I'm biased.

I'd greatly appreciate those coordinates!

Let's see if I can get this picture working...

I took this between mile 9 and 10 I think. It's one of the larger bars, and it is sadly on the wrong side of the bayou.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh065 View Post
    Ah yes yes. It's been too long. I need to rewatch that.

I thought the beach was actually quite nice. I stayed at campsite #1 which is secluded a bit and is right on one of the sand bars. It was clean and the sand was nice except around some of the edges where the water was flowing through it. I would throw in a vote for it being a group hang location sometime, but I haven't been many other places so I'm biased.

I'd greatly appreciate those coordinates!

Let's see if I can get this picture working...

I took this between mile 9 and 10 I think. It's one of the larger bars, and it is sadly on the wrong side of the bayou.
    This picture just made me fall in love with this place, and sad to say, I don't know of it. I will definitely be interested in a trip there. Come see us in March. We will plan a trip to the place in the picture. Take care and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Sounds like you had a great hike. Also great job on the gear choice, those temps are pretty darn low. What was your pack weight if you don't mind me asking?
    I couldn't help it. I went and weighed most of my stuff on that scale and came out with 32.25 pounds not including the clothes(worn or not). That includes food, water, and a guesstimate on the pack itself. Looks like I was close on my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    This picture just made me fall in love with this place, and sad to say, I don't know of it. I will definitely be interested in a trip there. Come see us in March. We will plan a trip to the place in the picture. Take care and welcome to the forum.
    I had been dying to go ever since I had seen some pictures, and I'm glad I went. The group hang sounds like a ton of fun, and I'm going to try and make it, but it will be somewhat last minute if I do.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123