- Finish my workshop (foundation poured and oak beams milled, so far)
- Refine hammock sock/tent design (in progress)
- Next generation of insulated hammocks (v, 0.7? or so); getting close to something worth fabricating in the workshop and distributing
- Right angle hammock(s); continuing v. 0.2, starting 2-person model
- Cuben UQ for Cloud Hammock from BER, then one for the Cirrus
- testing 2 pulks (in progress); start on v. 0.3
- cuben hammock (insulated)
- gallon bucket stove (in progress)
- modular campfire grill / reflector oven for winter camping
- refine tensegrity stove stands (easier assembly, more durable)
That's all I have going right now, but ideas keep popping up.
Still new at injecting thread
I'll be starting off with the easy/small stuff then working my way up. Currently working on a peak bag and a 2nd set of Triangle-Thingies.
Next will be a gear hammock/chair combo thanks to the great video "SteelerNation" posted. (thanks Duane)
Also need to add more tieouts on my tarp and eventually hope to try my hand at an Insultex UQ for my 12yr old son.
"I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains" - John Muir
Enjoy the elevation
Join Date: Sep 2009
Hammock: DIY Pertex
Tarp: DIY with doors on
Insulation: Down and synthetic
Suspension: Whoopies & hooks
I've got so much to do, I don't think I'l complete.
I'm going to the arctic for 10 days at the start of march and I need to make before then;
Winter top quilt
Reindeer hide overmitts
Alter some wool trousers
Waterproof gaiters for my pack boots
Put pull-outs on my tarp
I'm going to be busy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Schuylkill Co. PA
Insulation: Quilts :P
I have a few things i want to get done this year
UL summer UQ half Cuben half ripstop with a goal weight of under 10oz
Cuben Grizz breaks
winter full length UQ for car camping (like i need more UQ's )
cloths ... i want to make the Synth pullover from Thru hiker and maybe a wind shirt
and last but not least a Backpack .... this is a big goal of mine i want to have a setup that is 100% DIY so the last thing i need to make is a Backpack to get to this goal i'm still not sure on what i'm going to make i always wanted a Moonbow gearskin and wish i got one years ago when they were cheap... so i might make one
It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold
Enjoy the elevation
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Hammock: DIY "The Crippler"
Tarp: "Cuben Refugee"
Insulation: DIY "The Ex-gf"
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
* Pulk - (in progress) Should be done next week
* Hammock canvas Sock - (in progress) Should be done in the next 2 weeks
* Winter Top Quilt - (Ordered materials) Should be done in the next 3 weeks
* Canvas winter stove tent - (Researching) That probably won't be done until next winter.
* Stove for tent - (Researching) Next winter
* Convincing the girlfriend to let me backpack more often
* Convincing the girlfriend to go backpacking with me - (If above plan fails.)
-Make winter canvas shelter. Material arrived today so should have it done in 3-4 wks.
-Make lightweight shelter stove,(in progress, jan or feb).
-Make light weight shelter for lightweight stove,,,might not happen till next year.
If i start working again everything will have to wait a while.
" The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."
“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Hammock: HH Exp Asym Zip
1) Karo Step UQx2
2) Karo Step TQx2
3) Tarpx2 (haven't decided on design yet)
4) Mess of stuff sacks
5) Fleece hat(s)
6) Wristees (x?)
And best of all my wife has committed to knitting me a Merino wool watch cap.
|2012, planned?, projects|