I want to do another Under quilt/Top Quilt combo, Karo step 1.5" baffles. Really light fabric.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Flint, Mi
Hammock: Travel Hammock
Insulation: DIY IX TQ and UQ
Probably just make an asym tarp from some Sil and definitively make a pair of grizz beaks because after ordering my TQ I'm not gonna have enough money to buy something professionally made lol
My list isn’t very long, but it is a list …
1. I have sketched out plans to enlarge my kids’ backyard play set from ~ 5x5 to ~ 14x14 (allowing 4 hammocks to hang beneath it).
2. I want to wrap up a couple of cook kits that I have started. Nothing SUL, just jumping from canister fuel to alcohol for me and my older kids.
3. I got a dehydrator for my birthday and I am ready to experiment.
4. Finally, setting up a few friends with DIY gathered end hammocks for their b-days.
Sarcasm is a dying art.
Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dartmouth N.S. Canada
Hammock: Tree Boat
My senior Scouting group all hammock and refuse to go back to ground. When we go to Jamborees and large group camps we are assigned to sleep in fields. We made Turtle lady bamboo hammock stands with rain covers designed for groups of three. This was OK but we found it difficult to hang out as a group.
They want a way to hang as a group with a common eating area, be rain proof, and be transportable. When we camp in the woods this is easy but we want to do the same in a field.
We are building a frequency 2 Geodesic Dome. It will be 11' tall by 22' diameter and hold 9 hammocks. We are building the frame with 2" thin wall aluminium pipe cut into 6' and 6'9" struts. The custom rain fly will be made out of industrial nylon used to make huge flags. The frame will weigh just over 200lbs. The entire dome will fit into my Blazer and take about 45 min. to assemble on site.
All members in the group make their own gear, hammocks, alcohol stoves. ect. The new members will be making their own pulks and snowshoes soon.
1. i want to make hammocks for my kids (4 of 6 cause i was already told not to put the 2 year olds....yes 2 of them...in a hammock...although i may see if i can figure something out anyway)
2. finish my modular UQ...maybe a hang tomorrow night?(although i kinda doubt it will ever be truly finished...it will probably just continue to evolve.)
3. add ties to the side of my HH asym Zip to tie the bug net back when not in use.
4. make the SRL removable so i can use the HH as a seat more comfortably.
5. finish my Fosters Pot and ultra light mug...
6. try and convince everyone else in the family that hanging is better.
7. and who knows what else I will decide on while reading here or talking with Bluenose Climbers ( i may try and mod my turtle lady stand...hmmm)
Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions. ~Author Unknown
I seem to have lots of experience for my age
First, a couple of items that I didn't get to last year - an insulated hood and insulated socks with waterproof covers.
Then, a separate bug net and hammock sock, both of the design that Pip came up with based on Hangnouts closure system. I am also continuing to make a few hammock, trying different twists & turns, just to see what happens.
Finally, a " hammock chair, pack cover, etc., ect." based on SteelerNation's design.
"Life is a Project!"
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Newark, OH
Hammock: DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
Tarp: Funky & GG Tarps
Insulation: DIY down UQ
Suspension: continuous L. Amst
Python Skins for my son's tarp
Wristies for myself....not in camo
Fleece mittens x3
Another hammock Chair/gear hammock...this time try the shock cord on the sides
Another polar fleece top quilt
Another bug net
A roller thingy to attach to myself and pull behind me...that ones almost done
A pulk...just a simple one from a child's sled
3 down or primaloft under quilts
Actually an entire extra hammock set-up from top to bottom in case my son brings along a friend
2 hot tents with 2 stoves....or is that pie in the sky dreaming there?
A roll up knife case thingy...just because since I've started this adventure, I've decided I really like knives, and there are pinks and purples to boot!
tarp doors for my son and I
If there is enough time after all of this, I'd like to try a bridge hammock
Are we every really done though??
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Hammock: DIY DL & GTUL
Tarp: Gear Guide 12x12
Insulation: IX UQ, CS TQ
First step may be winning lottery though
|2012, planned?, projects|