Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    That's sounds like a lot going on there. I like the 'keep it simple stupid' phrase, and comes to mind when I try to over complicate things. All I do is take my large wool bandana and lay it on top of the quilt and tuck it in the neck, just like you would tuck a napkin into your shirt to eat dinner.
    I totally agree with this aproach, the more simple is often the smartest way, i have a piece of fleece that i attach to one of the longer gear loops that i installed at the ends of my hammock, this keeps it from getting lost when i'm climbing in and oput in the middle of the night,, just tuck it in as mentioned in Falkniven's response.
    Easy, simple, cheap, and it works perfectly..

If you dont have a rl you can still install a gear loop, basically it's just a long dogbone, you can first make a dogbone out of whatever you choose, zing it , lash it , or even a piece of 7/64th amsteel,, then hook one end over your suspention where it is attached to your hammock, either the cl or the whoopie, whatever you have and then push the other end thru the small opening at the head of the hammock and pull it thru- Done, You decide how long you want it., Also a good place to attach a pillow to keep it from falling out when getting in and out.
    Hope this helps ya.
    Last edited by Zilla; 11-17-2015 at 16:15.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I want to just tuck it, but it always moves around too much. I though about using those sticky velcro circles, but would like to avoid potentially messing up a $200+ quilt. I can't think of anything else.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I want to just tuck it, but it always moves around too much. I though about using those sticky velcro circles, but would like to avoid potentially messing up a $200+ quilt. I can't think of anything else.
    If you used a wide enough piece of fleece you could pin it to the edges of the quilt with a safety pin or something??
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    If you used a wide enough piece of fleece you could pin it to the edges of the quilt with a safety pin or something??
    Yeah, but still worried about the quilt. Maybe I'm babying it too much, but the thin fabric just worries me. Maybe I'll just try keeping something over my whole face/mouth area as mentioned before. I don't really like that cold dampness against my face, though. This past weekend I just wadded up a tshirt and kept it there...I still woke up a few times to wipe up a lot of water.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I totally agree with this aproach, the more simple is often the smartest way, i have a piece of fleece that i attach to one of the longer gear loops that i installed at the ends of my hammock, this keeps it from getting lost when i'm climbing in and oput in the middle of the night,, just tuck it in as mentioned in Falkniven's response.
    Easy, simple, cheap, and it works perfectly..

If you dont have a rl you can still install a gear loop, basically it's just a long dogbone, you can first make a dogbone out of whatever you choose, zing it , lash it , or even a piece of 7/64th amsteel,, then hook one end over your suspention where it is attached to your hammock, either the cl or the whoopie, whatever you have and then push the other end thru the small opening at the head of the hammock and pull it thru- Done, You decide how long you want it., Also a good place to attach a pillow to keep it from falling out when getting in and out.
    Hope this helps ya.
    No pins needed

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I still find this always works...and I always have a ridgeline though.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    That's a good setup Shug. That's basically what I have, but instead of attaching it to the ridgeline I lie it on the TQ. It just won't stay put. Maybe I'll set up a ridgeline just for this, or always plan on using my hammock with a ridgeline.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Even if you don't use a ridgeline to set your hangle its worth it to have around to hang stuff from.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Even if you don't use a ridgeline to set your hangle its worth it to have around to hang stuff from.
    Yeah, I am missing it. This past weekend I had to hold my iphone to watch a movie instead of hanging from some shockcord. Life's hard Seriously though, it is great to lie back and watch a movie with the earbuds if you get bored at night.

I just got a 3rd hammock, one without a ridgeline...so I'll need to adjust to it or add one. I'm thinking its worth it just for the bib.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Bumping this thread since a frost/condensation on my TQ is one thing I really need to improve. Right now I just put an old t-shirt over my neck with the back/sleeves cut off - only the front lies over the TQ. But it moves around and sometimes slides off.

What is everyone else doing? I like the idea of attaching it to the ridgeline, but what if you don't have one? Just looking for pics, ideas, whatever...
    That's because the material is too thin. You'll need a thicker fabric, something with some rigidity to stay in place. I use a wool bandanna, although not sure where I found mine. Get some fleece or wool. I've picked up a thin wool blend blanket from a military surplus store, and cut out a small section to lay over my tq. Worked great for more than just frost protection.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast