Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    DIY UCR

TQ measurements

Hey all,

I have got the stuff all ready to do this. Will be using the DIY Quilt Calucator for a TQ. Going to do 1.5 inch baffles (want little colder than 40*). I am 5'8", 165 lbs., size 9 feet. Was planning on being able to pull most of way above me if needed. Going for 16 baffles. Does 72" finished length, 50 in top and taper to 46 in at feet sound OK? Or do you even need to taper? Want it tight enough in the feet to be warm, but not too constrictive. I usually unzip my sleeping bag at the feet to let them air, at least until it gets closer to freezing.

I was planning on using Doogie's idea of sewing up the corners of the inner layer. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=56604
    And reading Te-wa, Lost Biker's and Xtrekker's methods.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang72 View Post
    Hey all,

I have got the stuff all ready to do this. Will be using the DIY Quilt Calucator for a TQ. Going to do 1.5 inch baffles (want little colder than 40*). I am 5'8", 165 lbs., size 9 feet. Was planning on being able to pull most of way above me if needed. Going for 16 baffles. Does 72" finished length, 50 in top and taper to 46 in at feet sound OK? Or do you even need to taper? Want it tight enough in the feet to be warm, but not too constrictive. I usually unzip my sleeping bag at the feet to let them air, at least until it gets closer to freezing.

I was planning on using Doogie's idea of sewing up the corners of the inner layer. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=56604
    And reading Te-wa, Lost Biker's and Xtrekker's methods.
    Your dimensions look good, rchang. The foot box usually eats 5 inches or so if your going to cinch it up or a few inches (2-3) if you sew it up, so you should be fine. Post pictures!
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts