11' DIY Double Layer 1.6 oz yd˛
    Tarp
    DIY RBTR Winter 12
    Insulation
    20° 3/4 Zepplin
    Suspension
    Whoopie/marlinspik

Maybe impossible...

I was wondering if there would be a way to make an interactive map of all the outings that are up coming. Being where I am in Oklahoma, I am a little more than an hour from Kansas and Arkansas. Kansas is in the "Midwest" region, Arkansas is in the "Southeast" and I'm in the "Southwest" region. Plus, every once in a while, I travel for work, and it would be neat to see on a map if anything is close to where I'll be going. I know there is a map of where Forum members are, so I didnt know if there could be something like that for upcoming events. It might be an impossible task, and I will not be offended if you want to tell me to just "keep dillegent, and keep searching the sub-forums", I'm fine with that too. I just dont want to miss a thing!

Also, is there a way to get the Free-stuff sub forum on Tapatalk? I feel a little guilty using my works computer to check for stuff

Images
    Sure it's possible, but my computer skills stop at resizing images in paint. You'd be better off just looking at the trip planning section forum area type thingy.
    https://hammockforums.net/forum/foru...-Trip-Planning

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    That is a great idea. I will check with my co-workers, who are much better than me at such things. I would think there is a free online utility somewhere that would make that a breeze.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DustHunter View Post
    I was wondering if there would be a way to make an interactive map of all the outings that are up coming. Being where I am in Oklahoma, I am a little more than an hour from Kansas and Arkansas. Kansas is in the "Midwest" region, Arkansas is in the "Southeast" and I'm in the "Southwest" region. Plus, every once in a while, I travel for work, and it would be neat to see on a map if anything is close to where I'll be going. I know there is a map of where Forum members are, so I didnt know if there could be something like that for upcoming events. It might be an impossible task, and I will not be offended if you want to tell me to just "keep dillegent, and keep searching the sub-forums", I'm fine with that too. I just dont want to miss a thing!

Also, is there a way to get the Free-stuff sub forum on Tapatalk? I feel a little guilty using my works computer to check for stuff
    To answer the first question...yes, it can be done. All you have to do is follow the subforums/states, then input the locations into google maps then share it here. If you are asking for the MODS to do it, it probably won't get done. We have our hands pretty full taking care of the message base here.

To answer your 2nd question...no. Tapatalk will not be allowed into the free sub forums because of a limitation between the software of the forum and the application. Tapatalk will not recognize the 50 post rule that the forum has set in place for that area so the only option available is to restrict Tapatalk. We did try opening it up and the minute any item went up there were multiple, many, a whole bunch! of I'll take it from folks with limited time/posts on the forum. The users that were posting were not at all happy with it so.............no Tapatalk.

There is however a way around it. Just use your mobile devices browser (I use Chrome) to access the area instead of Tapatalk.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    11' DIY Double Layer 1.6 oz yd˛
    Tarp
    DIY RBTR Winter 12
    Insulation
    20° 3/4 Zepplin
    Suspension
    Whoopie/marlinspik
    Thank you Dkurfiss for the hyper quick response! I do use google maps and punch in locations, one by one...and it serves me well, its just laborious...and I have put alerts for the sub forums on when new hangouts come up, but im getting notifications that cover 2/3 of the CONUS, when all i want to see are locations within 2-3 hours of my backyard.
    I figured it was a daunting task, and I would never ask the moderators to do tackle it...i know yall are busy keeping this site up to its exemplary standards...I was just putting the idea out there, so maybe someone with a little more savy could look into it...
    Thank you again for all your, and the other Mods, work on keeping HF as awesome as it is!

• + New Posts