WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I know you right
    However if you read post # 14, they reach out to homeless in their towns. And most likely share a meal with someone down on their luck, especially if pleasant conversation was shared in return. Just last night I gave a small amount of change to a panhandler as we exited a busy restaurant. I’m wary of giving too much cash to someone who is going to be more harmed than helped by well intentioned money.
    Recently at a campground, campers went on a day hike and came back to all of their gear stolen.
    At a recent Hang we fed a homeless lady who was camping in a miniature teardrop trailer hooked to her car. I guess she was not 100% homeless, since she lived in her miniature trailer. She swapped great stories for her meals.
    On the other hand—no one is entitled to any of my belongings, earned the hard way by working all the time. If a homeless camper gives me the creeps or I get a bad vibe or feel I’m being conned, it’s best to create space from them, and if they don’t respect that space—photograph them by posing with them—either a selfie or get a friend to take pics.
    Quite a few of us hammock campers have shared meals with others on the trail of life, asking nothing in return but pleasant conversation, peace and harmony.
    We do asbestos we can, dealing with problems as old as life itself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Just to let you know wet one ! Ashley and his wife are the only ones that made sure theses guys had food and told everyone to be nice to these people. Wanda told everyone that would listen if you're nice to them they'll be nice back. I've noticed that the super chirstians that's in church ever time the doors are open is the ones who would not even give them the time of day. WWJD that's my 2 cents!

As far as the homeless camping at Wolfpen and every other free state campground in the USA they have been doing it for since the first free campground. And they have the law on their side 14 days and move on.
    Now if you talk to the guys at Wolfpen like Shane he will tell you in the first 5 minutes where he has camped and how long and ask you if he needs to move. Plus Shane for some mental reason tells you everything he's done wrong in life from jail to diseases he's got. I know this is what Ashley is taking about because he has talked with Shane also. If you're grandkid was camping with you this would concern you also. I'm sure that's why we have this post because Ashley had talked with Shane. One of the other homeless guys was a retired FS worker site seeing our great country and living the life some only dream of. He said he tried to stay away from us because we looked like some kind of religious cult group hanging in trees.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

The Louisiana group hang has changed locations because of a homeless guy who was stealing things and coming into our campsites in the middle of the night. I always enjoy the Sipsey hang when I get to go and haven't felt uncomfortable there yet. It's a shame that we have to worry about things like this in the woods. ☹

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Biscuit View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the area, Wolfpen Camp is in the National Forest where group size is unlimited. When we cross the road into the Sipsey Wilderness, groups are limited to 10 people or less and we have more than that attending. Plus, backpacking in all the glamping gear for a group hang would not be fun!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    What you talkin bout BadBiscuit? Backcountry glamping is the best! Just remember to bring the small cast iron, and one-ply...

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    We are a long way from discussing hammocks here folks. Please move back on the topic of hammock hangs or this thread will get closed.

Thanks
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Wolfpen has lots of trees to use for hammock camping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaaayne View Post
    What you talkin bout BadBiscuit? Backcountry glamping is the best! Just remember to bring the small cast iron, and one-ply...
    One ply ?? Can you really call it glamping if you have to bring twice as much TP. Stick with the 2 ply.

...and don't forget the hammock !

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    I like trees best for hammock camping!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Speaking of hammock camping, are we going to shoot for a weekend in April for the spring hang?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Speaking of hammock camping, are we going to shoot for a weekend in April for the spring hang?
    I guess we better discuss the spring hang details rather than problems with our traditional hang site.

I will leave the question of when up to y'all. Like last year, I'm not sure when or if I can make it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast