I generally use the Advanced Search feature and find that the use is limited. It made me wonder why.
One of the biggest issues is the lack of use of 3 letter words in the Keyword search. If I do a search for "Sap Bag" I will get zero results though I know they exist. I was recently looking for the suggested length for a "Bridge Spreader bar". The "Bar" was not used as a search word and I missed a few that I had to find using different words. Also acronyms common to threads are missed like "CRL" or "SRL". We all know what these are and when posting do not spell out Continuous Ridge Line or Structural Ridge Line. If search for those terms I would get some results but those too can be limited if someone combines Ridgeline into one word. Most will use CRL and not spell it out.

The exclusion of 3 letter terms also eliminates the options for Boolean search terms AND, NOT, OR. Maybe these are done with a default in the background but not likely. It seems AND is the only option and is done automatically.

I have seen that people prefer/suggest to use Google and use the search terms they want but add site:hammockforums.net CRL to the search. However, this seems odd that one would have to leave the site to search something on the site.

Most will just start a new thread to ask the same question that has already been asked, discussed, and answered many times. I understand that not every thread on a single topic has all the answers but I don't want to have to start a new thread every time I have a question when I could search and read through the existing threads.

Questions:
1. Is there a Sticky or something that explains the use of the advanced search options? May I am missing something in the way I use the option and can get what I want already.
2. Would it be possible to update the search function include at a minimum commonly used 2 or 3 letter terms? (without having to leave the site)